Hey y'all! This week the lovely Amber Dee is sharing 5 SUPER EASY strategies to really grow your Instagram in no time at all. This post has some seriously great information! Be sure to follow Amber Dee on social media using the links at the bottom of the post!
There are a lot of people that complain about no growth on Instagram but they never understand exactly why. Some people think that they have to follow a ton of people to get followers while others think that you must be on Instagram for years to grow your following. Well, my friend, neither of these are actually true. What’s key is content when it comes to building your following. As soon as I implemented my content strategy, I immediately seen growth in my account and tripled my following. Here’s how you can do it too.
BE CLEAR ABOUT YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
This is one of the major things that people tend to overlook when starting a business. Though there may be an ideal target audience in mind, such as women, you have to be more specific. Think about what type of women you want to target. Are you looking to sell to stay-at-home wives, full-time mothers, first time college students, or women making below $30,000 working a 9-5? Be clear about your ideal audience so that it’s easier to target them.
KNOW WHAT THEY LIKE
Once you understand who you are targeting, then it’s easier for you to understand what they like. For example, you can pretty much guarantee that a 17-year old high school student will not like the same thing as a 45-year old full-time working mother. Once again, this is why it’s important to know and understand your audience. Say for example, you have a product you are trying to sell to stay-at-home moms. You can imagine that a stay-at-home mother is working a full-time shift with cleaning the house, caring for the children, cooking, etc and would love a break. You can attract your ideal audience by posting things that spark their interest like “everyone needs a break” or “moms need quiet time too.” Knowing your audience and their pain points will make it easier to attract them as followers and future customers.
POST A VARIETY OF THINGS
Instagram is a platform for you to show your creativity. Though quotes are a great way to relate to your followers, every post should not be a quote. Posting the same thing everyday gets boring and eventually you will start losing follower rather than gaining them. Give your followers something to look forward to by using the element of surprise.
Get your content calendar here that takes out the guesswork out of what to post. Here are some examples of what to post.
- BEHIND THE SCENES: Take your followers behind the scene of your work place. Show your audience how you do what you do. You can showcase your office, your workspace, your laptop, your camera or set up of your video recording. Let them feel as if they are apart of your process. Even showing that your life isn’t perfect is a great way to build a connect by relating to you.
- QUOTES: Hands down the easiest, most useful posts that you can use to gain followers. Quotes are the most used method to create content for followers. Find things that relate to your audience to get the most impact. Are your followers trying to lose weight? Post motivational quotes about stick with it. Are your followers trying to start a business? Post inspirational quotes about how someone made it through though odds were against them.
- FAQS: Posting frequently asked questions is a good way to overcome any uncertainty your followers may have about your product or service. Review some questions that you have received previously about what you are selling or ask yourself some questions about your product or service. If you’re still not sure, get a friend or a family member to give you some questions that they may ask. Use those questions as a post and answer them in the comments. It’s a great way to show your audience transparency and build trust.
- TIPS: Regardless if you have coaching business, a fitness business, a make-up business, or a graphic design business, you can always give your audience tips on certain things that they wouldn’t know. If you’re a makeup artist, you can recommend certain products or how to best apply your favorite lipstick or mascara. This not only is helpful for your audience but sets yourself as the expert in this field which only increases your authority.
- FILL IN THE BLANK: Questions such as fill-in-the-blank are great ways to increase your engagement with your followers and simply gain more followers by intriguing them with you question. Make sure to relate it to your business. For example, if you’re focused on weight lost then posting something such as “When I lost 10 lbs. I will_____”, to get your audience to engage and make it entertaining. If you’re not sure how to incorporate this in your feed, grab the FREE content calendar that tells you want to post each day of the week and make your life a lot easier.
This single-handedly is a major reason people will stop following you. Once you start a pattern, your audience begins to expect you to post around the same time each day. When you don’t adhere to that schedule, people tend to forget about you and you quickly become removed. Anyone in business as a solopreneur understands the multitude of things that has to be done to keep the business running so make it easy on yourself and plan your content in advance with the FREE content calendar. Once you know what you want to post use a scheduling program to keep you on track. I recommend Buffer, Hootsuite, or Later for posting.
Lastly understand that your post should be fun. When you have fun with your posts, your followers will as well. Enjoy your time on social media and be social. The more social you are, the more people will view you as a human instead of some random person behind the screen. Remember, humans like to connect so leave comments on some of your ideal follower’s accounts and engagement in conversation when your followers leave a comment on your post.
By implementing these simple steps, your account with be shining in no time, my friend. Happy planning!
Amber Dee is a business coach and consultant for hustling creatives, bloggers, and online entrepreneurs. She is the author of the book Girl, Get It Together and runs her own blog over at The Amber Dee where she shares the secrets to turning your passion into your profit. She also shares tips on growing your audience and how to effectively turn your audience into loyal customers.